Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Weekend in Kuwait

Just a reminder, the weekend here is Friday and Saturday.

On Friday night I went out to the oldest traditional Souk or market here in Kuwait call Mubarakiya. There I had dinner during Iftar or the breaking of fast (around 6:15pm). The food was delicious and authentic. I had some kind of grill chicken, pita bread, hummus, and tabouli.

And last night, I thought it would be fun to go down to the local barber shop and get my beard shaved. Although, I realized that the word in my dictionary was not the word that they used. I was slightly concerned. But nonetheless got a great shave! And this is why I am starting my Kuwaiti Dialect class tomorrow (it got cancelled today).

2 comments:

  1. HI Robert. I finally figured out how to get to your blog. I was very concerned to see the increased facial hair. Glad to hear about the shave. When is the next pic or video? Sounds like you are doing okay so far. Miss you and love you very much!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! I just got your blog address!!! Yay!! Now I can follow your adventures! lol.

    Don't forget to use your video camera we got you!!! I definitely excited to see some of the country!! :)

    Have fun in your first class!!!

    ReplyDelete