Monday, September 7, 2009

Week in Review

Well, it has been awhile since my last post. Thanks for the warm wishes and responses to my blog. And, yes I am starting to feel a little homesick. Ramadan is not any fun, there is nothing to do during the day.

As some of you already know, there have been some problems with my classes here at AUK. It turned out that AUK was not offering any of the 20 courses that I got pre-approved from GMU to take. The people at AMIDEAST assure me that they are working with AUK to find some courses for me to take.

My Kuwaiti Arabic course is moving along. I am going on Wednesday to a diwaniyyah, which is where men in Kuwait gather to discuss all sorts of things. So I will update with full details and maybe some photos.

I will note that I am still uneasy of what I can and cannot take photos of, thus the lack of photos and video on my blog. But, as I continue to get more comfortable here in Kuwait I promise there will be more photos.

Also, I really hope to post video/photos of my new home and host family by the end of the week. And tomorrow is my host mother's birthday. We are going out for sushi to celebrate, Wish me luck (never had sushi). Also, I have finally got all the names of the pets and will include names with photos going forward.

And lastly...tonight I went out to the halaq (barber)....One shave and haircut = 2KD. Look on their face when I explained (in Arabic) that I am an American studying in Kuwait = priceless. "Why would you want to study here?"....LOL

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there...you know this will all lead to a FABULOUS career!
    We love you and miss you more!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete