Monday, September 14, 2009

Salamu Alaykum

It is official...I now am the proud owner of a dishdashah...don’t worry there will be pictures later.

I had an amazing time at the various diwaniyyahs that i have been to. The people are so nice and love to share about their culture and history. Plus, the sweets that are served with the coffee are delicious. I will have loads to post about all of this. Plus some excellent video that I took at one of the oldest houses/diwaniyyah in Kuwait (275 years old). I will have to update all of that later. I am spending almost every night out this week to practice using the language. Tonight I am off to a museum. Don’t worry; I will be bringing my camera...

ma'a issalamah


Oh, here is a picture of the old city gates of Kuwait...

2 comments:

  1. How appropriate...do I hear Valentino? and it's fashion week here in NYC!!!
    Can't wait to see you in your new garb!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I HOPE that we get a Project Runway moment!
    You will bring amazing style and dashing flourish, to the Middle East! Can't wait!
    I am so glad that you have pets! It sounds as if the kitty is trying to bond, with you. (They can sniff out 'good people'.)
    It was wonderful to talk with you, last week! Miss you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete